From the Diocesan Director of Education
I am delighted to be able to offer you the 2019/20 SLA and course programme.
You will see that we have further developed the offer. As ever we have taken into account
all that you have fed back to us.
I’m particularly keen to point out the new Governors’ Network Meetings (see diary of
events page 14) which are free to all schools in the SLA. I think that they will really help
governors to become confident in their complex roles and share best practice - you can
send along as many governors as you want!
Our support for RE, SIAMS, collective worship and leadership obviously continues to
grow but our emphasis this year is on well-being and mental health. I’m delighted that
our Education Development Officer Lynsey Norris is a qualified Mental Health First Aid
Instructor running three courses this year to train members of your team to be Mental
Health First Aiders (see page 16).
The Diocesan Education Team also continues to offer Bespoke and Off the Peg sessions
(see page 12), training delivered by our officers to one school or a cluster at a mutually
agreed time and place.
The team continues to strive to meet your needs so that you can meet the needs of
the 28,000 pupils in your care, providing an education of Excellence, Exploration and
Encouragement within the love of God.
Thank you for all that you do.
Director of Education
Download SLA document - Diocese SLA booklet
Additional Services for SLA Schools
Schools joining the Service Level Agreement receive priority access to the Diocesan Education Team and
to Core Services as well as to places at courses, conferences. Charges for Bespoke Services, Off the Peg
training and for Central Events are substantially discounted.
Other benefits available at no further charge when your school joins the Service Level Agreement are:
• A named adviser on the Diocesan Education Team to act as the school’s first point of contact
• Priority places at the Church Schools’ Festivals in Lincoln Cathedral at over 40% discount per pupil
• An annual visit from a Diocesan Adviser or Associate Adviser to celebrate strengths and provide
guidance and support in relation to Christian distinctiveness and educational performance – followed
up with a written report
• Priority access to the Diocesan Education Team including the Director, Deputy Director, RE Adviser,
Operations and Business Manager, the School Effectiveness Advisers, Education Development Officer
and the admin team
• Priority access to SIAMS Advisers if you are expecting a SIAMS inspection
• Access to the DBE Specialist Advisers at the reduced SLA rate (see pages 40 to 42)
• Free loan of resources (subject to availability) for Christian Values, Collective Worship and RE
• Access to Additional Services including Bespoke and Off the Peg training at the reduced SLA rate
• Priority places at courses and conferences at the reduced SLA rate
• Attend courses and conferences at a discounted rate
• New for 2019 Buy one place on a course and get the second place half price
• New for 2019 Free Governor Networking Sessions
(£60 outside SLA)
• Access to additional services including Bespoke Services, Off the Peg training and Central Events
• Signposting service providing school-to-school support in a range of areas including
Ofsted and SIAMs inspections
• Priority attendance of a Diocesan Education Officer or Director of the Board at celebration
• Telephone and email advice in relation to School Improvement, RE, SIAMS, Ofsted, Collective Worship, Christian Distinctiveness, Governance and Church School Leadership. There will be no charge for ‘one-off’ 30 minute communications.
More complex advice requiring more than 30 minutes of adviser time will be chargeable at the reduced SLA rate
• Free promotion of school vacancies on Diocesan website
• Free promotion of school’s successes in Diocesan Education Newsletter RE News and Twitter
(material provided by the school).