This page hosts links to vacancies in Church of England and LAAT schools.
Please note that any vacancies listed in this section are the responsibility of the school named. The appointment and appointment process is completely independent of the Diocese of Lincoln, and all enquiries should be made directly to the employing school or governing body.
The Lincoln Anglican Academy Trust (LAAT) have an exciting opportunity for a Finance and Administration Officer to join their growing team at Holy Trinity Church of England Primary School in Tattershall.
Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer
Location: Holy Trinity Church of England Primary School, Tattershall
Salary: £19,503 - £22,127 per annum FTE (Scale Point 19 to 23)
Job Type: 25 hours per week, 40 weeks per year
The Lincoln Anglican Academy Trust (LAAT) is a multi-academy trust formed by the Diocese of Lincoln. We are a growing and thriving family of schools who are dedicated to providing an excellent education for pupils across Lincolnshire. We place a strong emphasis on continued development.
Holy Trinity Church of England Primary School are seeking to appoint a Finance and Administration Officer to start Monday, 2nd September or as soon thereafter. The post holder will be required to work 25 hours per week, term time only plus one additional week. The role would be considered permanent, subject the relevant probationary periods.
The salary would be reflective of the role at Scale Point 19 to 23 (£19,503 to £22,127 FTE)
Finance and Administration Officer – You:
We are seeking candidates who:
- Are self-motivated and show initiative
- Can remain focused in a busy environment
- Will be able to work as part of a team to achieve the very best for our children
- Have a sense of humour
Finance and Administration Officer – Main Responsibilities:
- Manage the school’s clerical support and front of house and the staff that work within it.
- Ensuring that all financial systems and processes operating within the School are in accordance with the LAAT Finance Policy
- Processing purchase orders and invoices in line with the LAAT Finance Policy and in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintaining the creditors/debtor’s ledger and working with the central finance team to resolve any issues
- Generating weekly payment runs for submission to the central Finance Team and ensuring that suppliers are paid within agreed terms
- Handling, processing and reconciling petty cash
- Raising sales invoices in accordance with the Finance Policy and ensuring that these are posted to the sales ledger in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensuring that payments due to the School are collected, posted to the accounting system and banked promptly
- Reviewing the sales ledger and working with the central Finance Team to resolve any issues
- Monitoring the use of the procurement card and ensuring that transactions are posted to the accounting system in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensuring that all other ad hoc transactions are posted to the accounting system in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintaining staff personnel files and ensure compliance with pre-employment checks
- Updating the staff personnel database
- Obtaining quotes for routine maintenance work within the school premises in line with purchasing procedures set out within the LAAT Finance Policy
- Arranging for minor maintenance and repairs within specialist areas such as heating, lighting and plumbing to ensure safe and effective operation
- Maintaining the School SCR
Finance and Administration Officer – Benefits:
In return, we can offer you an excellent training package with many opportunities to develop your career:
- Working with fantastic children who want to have fun and learn
- Develop your skills and contribute to the on-going development of our successful academy
- Join a very professional and able staff team
Visits to our school are more than welcomed and are encouraged.
To submit your application for this exciting Finance and Administration Officer opportunity, please click here.
Closing date: Wednesday, 21st August 2019
Short listing will take place: Friday, 23rd August 2019
Interviews to be conducted on or about: Thursday, 29th August 2019
The LAAT promotes diversity and wants a workforce which reflects Christian Value. Applications are welcome from all, irrespective of gender, sexuality, race, religion, marital status, age, or disability.
The LAAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will require the successful applicant to undertake an Enhanced criminal record check via the DBS.