The Lincoln Diocesan Board of Education is a statutory body governed by the Diocesan Board of Education Measure 1991. Its purpose is to support Church School education, including supporting the provision of RE for all pupils across the diocese.
It is an incorporated Board (Articles of Association) and the majority of its directors are elected by the diocesan synod.
The Chair of the Board is the Rt Rev'd Dr Nicholas Chamberlain, Bishop of Grantham, who can be contacted at email@example.com
In December 2015 I started my ministry in the Diocese of Lincoln as Bishop of Grantham. I work under the oversight of Bishop Christopher as one of the two suffragen bishops of the diocese. Together, the three bishops care for God’s people across the whole of our huge geographical area, working with colleagues ordained and lay. I have a particular responsibility for ‘ministry’ - which means that I am involved in processes to discern, recruit, select and train clergy and lay ministers.
I have spent the vast majority of my adult life in the North East of England, first at university in Durham and then as a clergyman in the Dioceses of Durham and Newcastle. Most recently I was vicar of St George’s and St Hilda’s parishes, Jesmond.
For many years I have been involved in the life of Church Schools, as a parish priest, a governor, on occasion a Chair of Governors and also as a SIAMS inspector. The move to Lincoln allows me to continue with every aspect of this involvement and interest other than inspection, although I will bring 20 years experience of this role - which I hope might be of some use! My brother and sister-in-law are both teachers and I am passionate about the importance of education.
I relax by cycling, running, reading, eating, drinking and spending time with friends - though not all at the same time.
The present directors are –
Rt Revd Christopher Lowson, Bishop of Lincoln (O)
- Rt Revd Dr Nicholas Chamberlain, Chair - Appointed 14 June 2018
- Ven M Steadman, Archdeacon Stow & Lindsey, Appointed 21 January 2016 (Vice Chair) (B) (F)
- Revd S Barron, Appointed 1 January 2016 (S)
- Dr H Beverley, Appointed 1 January 2016 (S) (L)
- Revd Canon A Dodd, Appointed 1 January 2016 (S) (F)
- Mrs C Edwards OBE, Appointed 1 January 2016 (S) (L)
- Canon N Fisher (S) (F)
- Revd Canon Penny Green, Appointed 1 January 2019 (S)
- Revd P Johnson, Appointed 1 January 2016 (S) (L)
- Mr Mike Adnitt, Appointed 1 January 2019 (S)
- Mrs J Robb, Appointed 1 January 2016 (S )(F)
- Mrs P Ruff (S) (L)
- Mrs A Warrick, Appointed 1 January 2016 (S) (F)
- Miss June Richardson, Appointed 1 January 2019 (S)
- Mr David Clements, Appointed 1 January 2019 (S)
- Mr Jack O'Hern (S) (F)
- Mr Gregory Marsden (C) (L)
- Mr Garth Hicks (C)
- Dr Daphne Whiteoak (C) (L)
- B Member appointed by the Bishop of Lincoln
- N Member nominated by the Bishop of Lincoln
- S Member appointed by the Diocesan Synod
- O Member appointed ex officio
- C Member co-opted by the Board
- F Finance & Administration Committee
- L Learning & Development Committee