From the Diocesan Director of Education
I cannot quite believe that I am introducing our fifth year of the Service Level Agreement and Professional Development Programme – also known as the SLA 2018-19! We have come so far together and yet so quickly.
The Education Team has continued to work with and alongside our 141 church schools and we do understand the many pressures out there, not least budgetary. At the same time, your comments tell us that our central events, our smaller scale training and out bespoke services are needed and appreciated. The question however is how to enable you to benefit from more support – without paying more? We think we have found an answer.
For 2018-19 we have redesigned our packaging. Hopefully this structure will help:
- In Your School – bespoke services designed and delivered to meet your needs and specific to your school. Head Teacher’s Performance Management and School Improvement Partner packages are still available, with a special rate if you combine the two, recognising the synergies involved.
- Your Time, Your Place, Your Topic – training delivered by our own officers at a mutually agreed time and place. We are formalising the arrangements which are already becoming popular. For instance our traditional Regional Governors’ Training will work in this way.
- Central Events – the big ones! All day conferences, specialist speakers and festivals and our new BIG INSET Day will still be on offer.
The 3-day Headteachers’ Development Programme is very successful and will be repeated, but we are not resting on our laurels. We believe the BIG INSET Day will give every school a chance to offer all members of staff the sort of inspirational experience usually reserved for senior staff and governors.
Understanding Christianity is becoming well known across the diocese and will now be delivered via the Your Time, Your Place, Your Topic model. As work on that and on locally agreed RE Syllabus starts to settle into schools, we are proud to say that RE-Connecting Lincolnshire, a programme developed in 2016 with three primary schools and their surrounding communities, will return on a larger scale over the next two years.
Lastly, thank you for all that you do to serve your pupils, all twenty eight thousand of them, and their communities. It is a privilege to be able to support you in that work.
Director of Education
Download SLA document - DIOCESAN SLA 2018-19
Basic Services included in the Diocesan SLA
- A named adviser on the Diocesan Education Team to act as the school’s first point of contact.
- An annual visit from a Diocesan Adviser or Associate Adviser to celebrate strengths and provide guidance and support in relation to Christian distinctiveness and educational performance – followed up with a written report.
- Access to the Diocesan Specialist Advisers at the reduced SLA rate (pages 37)
- Free loan of resources (subject to availability) for Collective Worship, Godly Play and RE
- Access to Additional Services including Bespoke Services (page 10), Off The Peg training (page 12) and Central Events (page 14)
- Signposting service providing school-to-school support in a range of areas including Ofsted and SIAMS inspections
- Priority attendance of a Diocesan Education Officer or Director of the Board at celebration events
- Telephone and email advice in relation to School Improvement, RE, SIAMS, Ofsted, Collective Worship, Christian Distinctiveness, Buildings, Governance and Church School Leadership. There will be no charge for 'one-off' 30 minutes communications. More complex advice requiring more than 30 minutes of adviser time will be chargeable at the reduced SLA rate
- Free promotion of school vacancies on this website
- Free promotion of school’s successes in Diocesan Education News and RE News (material provided by the school)